Monday 28 October 2013

weather

It is amazing how the weather affects us all. I secretly like the fact that one aspect of nature can still impact so greatly on us humans. I am not saying I am happy to hear about people with damage to their houses and power cuts etc but I love the fact that we still have to hope for a sunny day etc. and that there are no guarantees for what the weather will be like any particular day.
The UK weather is particularly unpredictable and that is part of its charm!

I love aspects of every type of weather.
When camping in the New Forest one summer the rain was pouring down and Graham, Ollie and I were sheltering in the van thinking when will the rain ever stop?' when we glanced out of the window we noticed a group of deer gathering around the van.
As the rain keeps people away the wildlife gets bolder and you are lucky enough to witness magical sights!
A sunrise or sunset over the hills is one of the most beautiful images I can think of.
Sun and rain producing a rainbow as you are stuck in a traffic jam brings you a little hope, crisp snow making everything look like a winter wonderland, howling gales with trees thrashing about scattering leaves,
eerie mist rising over the cliffs....all beautiful and all uncontrollable.

No comments:

Post a Comment