Sunday 8 December 2013

the importance of friends

One of the things that I have managed to do since taking the decision to work for myself has been that I have seen a lot more of my friends. I got into a bit of a rut before and told myself I didn't have time to see friends very often but I now realise how important friendships are and how much richer your life is if you make time to see people. I have met up with people this year that I haven't seen for years and I have vowed not to leave things so long in future.
I saw Jenni and Sarah today. I have known them for about 22 years and have managed to stay in touch all this time. We have a lot in common as we all brought kids up and lived in the same town. We go back a long way and so when we get together now we share a lot of history. Sarah's grandchild came to visit today. This had quite an effect on me. We had three generations of the same family under the same roof.
Friends and family are very special and I feel very grateful for the amazing people I have in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment