Friday 15 November 2013

Climbing Mountains

Have you ever been in a situation when someone snaps at you and it ruins your day?

You can feel like that person has it in for you and was purposefully trying to make you feel bad. I saw this happening to someone recently and as I was an outsider looking into the situation I could clearly see the person that snapped was feeling low and was 'climbing their own personal mountain.'
 They had no idea that their words would have such impact on another person as they were preoccupied with their own difficult situation. As I was not personally involved it was easy for me to see what was happening but this incident got me thinking of the occasions when I have felt people had 'got it in for me' or were 'trying to upset me on purpose' and now I am starting to think that maybe that wasn't the case.

We all have our own personal troubles and hurdles to face and at times these hurdles can seem insurmountable and all encompassing. At these times it is easy to feel that we are insignificant and that what we say cannot possibly really affect anyone else and that everyone else has it easier than we do.
 I think if we do manage to find time and energy to step outside of our personal situation for a little time and gain some perspective it is easier to see how much difference our words make to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment