Wednesday 27 November 2013

phone call

The phone rang and it turned out to be my Gran. She is 94 and living in USA. It was so lovely to speak with her. She is doing so well and it is always so lovely to hear from her.
I think she is amazing. She came to UK from India in her early 20's when she married my Grandad. She made her home here. She has had joys and sorrows in her life and has managed to cope with everything life has dealt her. She has been living with my Aunt for a few years now. It is wonderful being able to visit her and see her so well surrounded by family who care about her.
My Gran would do anything for anyone and I have so many happy memories of visiting her as I grew up. Now I am a parent with grown up children of my own Gran continues to cheer me on from the sidelines always telling me how much she loves me and how proud she is of me.
Gran is a really brilliant example of a nurturer. She knows how to make people feel special.
I just had to devote a blog to Gran as she is a real inspiration to me and so many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment