Sunday 17 November 2013

November

November you have been gentle with me so far. I usually find November a bit of a trial in some ways. I think it has something to do with sad events and anniversaries that have occurred around this time of year in my life and try as I might until recently I used to dread November and sure enough further difficult events appeared at around this time as a kind of self fulfilling prophesy.

This year I feel different, living in the present and even some forward thinking.
My whole outlook to the month is changing.
I took my dog to the fields at the weekend and looking down into the valley everything looked incredibly beautiful.
Late autumn colours are more subtle than the reds and oranges earlier in the season, subtle browns and greys creep in and make everything look softer.
I hope I continue to feel this way about this time of year for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment