Friday 1 November 2013

The next day

There is something very peaceful about the day after Halloween. I took Ollie out for a walk and he had a big run in the park chasing all the seagulls and basically that was it- not a lot going on at all. It is a little drizzly today but not too bad and as we walked back to the house I was thinking how quiet everything was. There is some evidence of the parties last night, pumpkin lanterns still in the windows and some houses decorated with broomsticks and plastic bats.
I am off to see some friends this afternoon which is a lovely way to round off the day.
In my previous life I would be up to my neck planning work for the school term ahead. It is going to take some time to adapt to this but I am glad that I have left the stressful aspects of teaching behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment